Our Basic Beliefs
Jump to Navigation
- We are Christians.
- We believe in baptism for the remission of sins. We believe in baptism of those old enough to decide to follow Jesus for themselves. Children, therefore, must be at least 8 years old.
- We share Communion with all those who want to follow Jesus.
- We believe that Christ is working to save us personally and to also save us socially from war, famine, pollution etc., as we believe and begin to live out his teachings together.
- We want to work together to build communities of peace, hope, love and joy, with no poor among us, and safe for children everywhere.
- We believe Christ still speaks today. We have three books that we believe to be scripture: the Bible, the Book of Mormon, and the Doctrine and Covenants to which new scripture is still added.
For more detailed information, see Faith and Beliefs for the Community of Christ.
The little blue church on Abbey Lane
Leicester Congregation 330 Abbey Lane, Leicester, England